How I see life

4:30:00 pm


こんにちは、みんなさん!元気ですか?(ˆ⌣ˆ)
Time flies so fast, at least for me it flies so fast.
In a week, I'll be living in Japan for 2 months.


For a while, I've been thinking a lot about life.
It's because of my friend's facebook status. From his status, I realized that somehow, Japan is not as perfect as I thought before.
There're things I wholeheartedly disagree.
One of them is that their life seems to be driven by the money issue.





I fully realized that we need money in order to survive, to live.
But it's not the only one that made us alive.
There are a lot of things to make us happy even though we don't have enough money.


You know, Coco Chanel once said that the best things in life usually are free. The second best is the extremely expensive one.


So yes! The best things life offers are always free.
Family and friendship are one of the example.


If you let go of your family and friends in order to chase for money,
in the end you will feel empty and alone.
What's the use of piles of money when you don't have anyone to share it with?
To spend it for?


Money will always be money,
but family and friends will always grow and give you happiness.
They fill you up inside.
They will be there for you whenever you need them, caress you when you're down,
support you in your lowest state, and they're happy for you when you achieved your goal.





I know very well how hardworking Japanese people are, but it's too much.
They tend to overwork themselves.
I was surprised to know their working hour is from 9AM to 8PM, and most of them don't go home before 11PM or 12AM.
A real contrast from Indonesian people. We only work from 8-9AM to 5PM,
and most of us go home right after 5PM (if we don't have to work overtime).

Hey! If you spend all your day in the office, when will you spend your time with your spouse and children? When will you have time for yourself?


I think maybe it's one of the reason why the divorce rate is so high here in Japan,
and the needs to be married and have children are getting low and low.
One thing leads to other things. It's the law of our nature. What we are now is a product of what we did in the past.




My family also think that money is important in order to survive,
but luckily, it's not my parents priority in life now. They still have time to spend with us, even though they're super busy everyday. But before we reached what we are now, they were similiar to Japanese people. I barely saw them when I was a kid. That's why I despised working.


They also made me despise money a little. I can't truly hate money since I still need it in order to survive, right? LOL~
But they made me realized, I have so much more in this life than just money.


Once you find that your life purpose is beyond money, you saw things differently.
You can focus to your emotional, spiritual, and psychological growth,
your surroundings, other people's needs, world peace, and many more.


You're more easily became content of what you have, you're grateful of what God gave you,
you don't see your problems as something overly awful (yeah, it's still awful, but you feel stronger to face it), and you know in the end of the day, you will always have something you can say thanks for and feel blessed.


You just don't focus solely on yourself anymore.


What about you? What do you think about life?
Please share it with me!




What I wore:
Denim Top - G.U | Pink Coat - Thrifted Store | Black Pants - Guess
Shoes - Payless | Hello Kitty Bag - Sanrio Japan
Bracelets - @chatefortu (my own onlineshop in instagram)


Hype me here:


 See you again, soon!

xoxo
Anastasia

---

Follow me on:




credit:
photos are taken with Sony α 5000
edited with Photoshop CS6


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I think your feelings are natural..when you enter a new culture, at first everything is interesting and awesome, as time goes on you begin to see the problems that lie underneath. All cultures have their issues no matter how awesome they seem on the surface. I agree with you completely, money isn't everything! I read of a Japanese CEO who wants to limit working hours for employees, so maybe things will change in time. But I think that work long hours ethic is very ingrained in the Japanese culture, so it may take a long time for an idea like that to catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you.. money is important but not the number one thing.. :)

    Margarethink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo on you. I am swooning here over the pink coat, it's beautiful. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Leave your foot print here . . . ◕ ◡ ◕ •°